I am a member of the Centre for Geometry and Applications and a lecturer in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Loughborough University. I joined Loughborough in June 2016, and before that I was at the University of Bristol. For more information go to the page “About Me” (above).
My research is in Algebraic Geometry. I work on Birational Geometry of higher dimensional varieties. I am interested in classification of Fano 3-folds and Mori fibre spaces. This in particular concerns various rationality questions.
I also have an interest in applications of algebraic geometry in physics, kinematics and statistics.
Please go to my “Research” page (above) to access my publications.
- Fatemeh Rezaee, EPSRC Postdoc, started in October 2020
- Enrico Fatighenti, EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellow, September 2018 – August 2020. Next position: postdoc in Toulouse, France.
- Erik Paemurru, PhD, October 2016 – July 2020. Thesis: Birational models of terminal sextic double solids. Next position: 4 months LMS Early Career Fellow at Imperial College London, followed by a postdoc in Basel, Switzerland.
- Laura Mallinson started her PhD in Autumn 2017. She works on complete intersection flips in dimensions 3 and 4.
- Tiago Guerreiro started his PhD in Autumn 2017. He works on explicit methods in birational geometry and kinematic theory.
- Erroxe Etxabarri Alberdi started her PhD in Autumn 2020.
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Loughborough LE11 3TU
Tel: +44 (0)1509 222628